November 2016 – Project Update
Turbine installation commenced at Sliabh Bán wind farm at the end of July and all 20 turbines have now been fully installed. The testing of the wind turbines has now begun and this will require wind turbines to be put into operation for varying periods over the coming months. The Sliabh Bán Wind Farm is scheduled to be fully operational in spring 2017.
The key highlights are as follows:
- Sub Station civil works are now completed.
- All site access roads are constructed.
- Cabling works from the sub-station to all turbines has been completed.
- All 20 No. Turbine foundations have been constructed.
- Turbine erection is complete.
- ESB Overhead lines works are ongoing.
Works Underway :
Turbine installation commenced at Sliabh Bán wind farm at the end of July and all 20 turbines have now been fully installed.
The first phase of recreation works have been completed on Sliabh Bawn, 3 No. trails have been constructed with the remaining works taking place in Q2 of 2017.