Testing of the wind turbines is ongoing, this will require wind turbines to be put into operation for varying periods. The Sliabh Bawn Wind Farm is scheduled to be fully operational in spring 2017.
The key highlights are as follows:
- Sub Station civil works are now completed.
- All site access roads are constructed.
- Cabling works from the sub-station to all turbines has been completed.
- All 20 No. Turbine foundations have been constructed.
- Turbine erection is complete.
- ESB Overhead lines works are completed.
Works Underway :
Testing of the turbines is underway and will continue until Spring 2017. Site reinstatement work is ongoing.
The first phase of recreation works have been completed on Sliabh Bawn, 3 No. trails have been constructed with the remaining works taking place in Q2 of 2017.