The Sliabh Bawn Wind Farm will be located approximately five kilometres south east of Strokestown, Co. Roscommon. The development will be located in the Doughill Forest on Sliabh Bawn mountain.
Coillte commenced the development of the Sliabh Bawn Wind Farm, Co. Roscommon in late spring 2015 in accordance with the planning permission that has been granted for the project by An Bord Pleanála in March 2012.
The Sliabh Bawn Wind Farm:
- produces clean electricity for homes, farms, hospitals, schools and businesses in Ireland
- comprises 20 wind turbines and a substation
- has an export capacity of 58 Megawatts (MW) which supplies the equivalent of approximately 37,700 households
- includes a Community Benefit Scheme which delivers improved local amenities/reactional facilities and support for local projects
- contributes to the local economy by supporting local businesses